What does fostering a dog involve? Find out here…
When you foster, you agree to take a Wolfhounds’ dog into your home and give him or her love, care and attention, either for a predetermined period of time or until the dog is placed with their veteran.
There are many reasons a dog might need foster care. Some of the most common include:
- A rescue group doesn’t have a physical shelter and depends on foster homes to care for dogs until suitable homes are found.
- A dog is recovering from surgery, illness or injury and needs a safe place to recuperate.
- A dog is showing signs of stress such as pacing or hiding when placed with to many dogs.
- A dog has not lived in a home before or has not had much contact with people and needs to be socialized.
- Fostering a dog is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have (other than adopting, of course). By taking a dog temporarily into your home you’re:freeing up a spot so the we (Wolfhounds) can take in another dog.
- Giving your foster dog the time he needs to be ready for his new adventure with his veteran.
- Helping us (Wolfhounds) learn more about the dog so he can end up in the best home possible.
- Socializing the dog to a home environment and possibly getting him used to being around other pets and different types of people.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please fill out the form below.